Sunday, January 21, 2007

Everything Old is New Again

I was in Chicago right before the White Sox made it to the World Series the year before last, and I'm heading to Chicago next week, so I was feeling pretty good about the Bears' chances against the Saints today. Still, you can't be a Bears fan without knowing there's a good chance the horrible team instead of the great team will show up. What a gratifying game for a long-time Bears fan to watch! Solid play throughout, only one penalty, great defense, not-only-not-harmful-but-actually-decent offense - just a thing of beauty from start to finish, right down to the snowflakes, which reminded me of the wonderful playoff game I attended at Soldier Field in 1985 when the Bears shut out the Rams and snow started to fall in the 4th quarter. I hope it's once again the Bears vs. the Patriots in the Super Bowl and with the same result as in 1985-6, too. And I can't wait to see the Art Institute lions wearing their Bears helmets next week - makes it worth it to have to leave sunny Nevada for wintry Chicago. Go Bears!

No comments: