Friday, January 25, 2008

What??

Last week, a sports announcer said apropos of a coach who was apparently considering whether or not to return to his team for another year, "He's going to be meeting with his wife this weekend, and then he'll make a decision." I've been married for 30 years and I can state with confidence that, while my husband and I have talked, shouted, and otherwise been in the same place, discussing, in a variety of different guises, "meeting with" one another is not something married people do.

I read in an article about the sad death of Heath Ledger that his massage therapist, upon finding him unconscious, spent nine minutes calling Mary-Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into his phone, then reconsidered and called 911. In case this is not the strangest imaginable sequence of events, I'd like to clarify to anyone who might potentially find me unconscious that it's not only ok, but absolutely essential, to call 911 before calling any of the people (celebrities or otherwise) on my speed dial list.

No comments: