Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Beautiful Thank-You to Hillary Clinton

My daughter, of whom I am always proud, but never more so than today, penned and posted the following gorgeous tribute/call to action on Facebook this morning:

Hillary Clinton,
Thank you. We, as women, as a country, and as a global citizenry, owe you an enormous debt of gratitude. You fought unyieldingly for what you believed was good and fair and right. You shared this vision with all of us and took the returned mountain of abuse gracefully, as perhaps only you could.
I am so, so proud of you. I'm proud to share a vision, a country, and a gender with you. I am proud of the campaign you ran and the voices you surfaced. May they never be silent again. I'm sorry we couldn't finish this for you, and for all of us. I'm sorry that everything we had wasn't enough. I believe that someday it will be. Though I wanted more than anything for you to prevail, I am glad you will be spared the frustration and indignity of a weak mandate and an obstructionist Congress. You deserve better. I hope you will be able to take solace in your friends and family, in the support you've coalesced, and in the lasting effect I hope you'll have. I hope you'll rest, but I know you won't. You will move tirelessly forward, as you always have, knowing that it is darkest before the dawn. I will be thinking over the next days and weeks about how to honor your vision and find that dawn, how to make this a birth rather than a death.
Please join this discussion. Discuss it with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers. With those who agree with you and those you don't. And let's come together and fight, once more unto the breach.

No comments: