Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sadness

I've just learned of the tragic and untimely accidental death of one of the loveliest people I ever met during my legal and business career. Generous, enthusiastic, supportive, friendly, good-hearted, welcoming, smart, reliable and on top of everything - these are words not routinely associated with high-powered big-law-firm litigators, but they characterized her to a T and no one who knew her would disagree. She was also an exceptional mother to four delightful children, a happy wife, a devoted daughter (someone whose charming parents you were wont to meet when you met her at her house for drinks before you and your husbands went out to dinner), and that rare person who got personally involved with a variety of charitable causes, to all of which she was an energetic driving force. When I first met her, I thought she might be too good to be true, but I learned over time that not only was she for real, but my early impressions of her were actually inaccurate on the low side. She was a truly wonderful person, and I feel heartsick as well as bereaved to know she's no longer alive. The world is diminished to have lost her.

No comments: